*** NOW AVAILABLE ***
The Shades CronoQube is a valuable automatic shot timer addition to your espresso machine. It makes accurately timing your shots simple and is very quick and easy to install...
It's taken us a long time to design, develop and perfect this tool - as we have been eager to launch an automatic digital shot timer that:
- Is small and neat - only 30mm x 30mm x 20mm and weighs less than 20g
- Is super quick and easy to install - we can install one on a Classic from start to finish in less than 2mins
- Automatically times your shot - as it turns on and starts counting in seconds when it detects you starting a shot
- Automatically turns off again 20s after the shot ends; displaying your shot time for this 20s period
- Allows for brew switch off/on again preinfusion - if no longer than 20s (timer pauses when brew switch is turned off, and resumes counting when it's turned on again). Timer will continue to count if using dimmer preinfusion.
- Is entirely battery operated, with a simple-to-replace internal button cell (supplied) that lasts for many months
- Works with many home and commercial espresso machines - that have an AC solenoid valve or vibe pump
- Has strong internal magnets on the top, back and bottom - for simple attachment to any magnetic/steel surface
- Counts up to 99s
- Uses a small adhesive sensor, on a long flexible lead-wire, for flexible mounting on solenoids and vibe pumps
- Includes a self-adhesive thin black steel disc for magnetic mounting on devices or in machine locations that aren't magnetic
Installation requires placement of the Shades CronoQube on your machine (typically using the magnets within it), basic routing of the sensor cable to the solenoid (or vibe pump on some machines), and then peeling the adhesive backing from the sensor adhesive and sticking the correctly orientated sensor securely to the solenoid (or vibe pump).
No other wires, external power, or additional fixing is required.
The Shades CronoQube sits nicely on the warming tray of a Classic, and fits perfectly on the front of one - typically resting above the brew or steam switch - or even suspended from above and attached somewhere around the group (next to the steam wand).
Take a look at the sample installation video (click on "Video" below the product image) - or find it on YouTube - to see how quick and easy it is to install and start using.
Shades CronoQube specifications:
- Dimensions: 30mm x 30mm x 20mm
- Sensor wire length: 50cm
- Weight: approx 19g
- Display: 7 segment mono LCD display (non-backlit) with 2 digits
- Display digit size: approx 19mm x 9mm per digit (two digits)
- Case colour: matte black
- Compliance: CE and UKCA certified
- Compatible with any machine using 24V AC, 110V AC, or 220-240V AC 3 way solenoid valves or vibe pumps.
If you'd like to fit your CronoQube within a TopBox and you have access to a 3D printer, then we've designed this mount to allow this, and you simply need to cut a square hole (typically in the front right-hand side of the TopBox), then push this mount in firmly from the front - and insert the CronoQube from behind. The mount will work similarly well for any surface mount requirement. (Click on the image below to download the STL from Thingiverse)..
(Note that all photographs currently show pre-production prototype models - and final production models may differ slightly)
This product includes:
- 1 x Shades CronoQube automatic digital shot timer with button cell battery
- 1 x Adhesive black steel mounting disc (for non magnetic surface mounting)
- Link to simple install and operating instructions
DISCLAIMER: The installation of any of our parts or kits, and any modification of any espresso machines undertaken by reference to our installation and/or user guides, should only be conducted by persons with proper electrical safety knowledge who are capable and qualified to undertake such work and modifications. Many of the components within espresso machines operate at high temperature, high pressure and with mains electrical voltages at high current in the presence of water – any of these could cause serious personal injury, shock, burns, fire, explosion, other property damage and possibly death. We shall hence not be liable for any damage to property, personal injury or other loss caused by the improper or incorrect use of the aforementioned installation and/or user guides or the provided kit(s) or any of those kit’s component or constituent parts. By commencing installation of our kit(s) you agree to accept all liability associated with the modification of your espresso machine, and agree to hold us in no way responsible or liable for any loss, damage or injury howsoever, wherever or whenever caused. You further agree to indemnify us and our agents, officers, directors and employees, immediately and on demand, against all claims, liability, damages, costs and expenses, including legal fees, arising out of any installation, use, misuse or failure of any of our kits or component parts thereof.
Be the first to review this product.