This Shades of Coffee shot and coffee timer has a large 45mm LCD display and a magnetic back that allows it to stick to most metallic espresso machines - but we also apply double sided tape if your machine isn't magnetic or you prefer an alternative mounting.
A shot timer is the ideal tool for measuring and checking your espresso extraction times or for timing your pour-over brew.
The timer can be set to count up or count down based on your preferences and comes packaged with a button-cell battery installed for immediate use.
With very simple operation:
- Press any button to wake up the timer if it is off and the display is blank
- Press MIN and SEC together to reset the timer back to 00:00
- To count down, press MIN or SEC to increase the start time (eg to 00:28 for your 28s espresso shot) - and then press STOP / START and it'll start counting down. When the timer hits zero it'll gently beep. When you press STOP / START the beeping will stop and it'll reset back to your original start time (eg 00:28) ready for next time.
- To count up, simply reset to 00:00 and then press STOP / START and it'll start counting up indefinitely. Press STOP / START to stop and MIN and SEC together to reset.
The included button-cell battery should last for months or even years - as the timer uses very little energy, and powers down automatically after 5 mins when not in use. Pressing any key wakes it up again, and the included LR1130 battery can be very easily user replaced if/when necessary.
As we're conscious of the fact that some Gaggia machines are made from non-ferromagnetic stainless steel, we also include some double sided tape so that you can either use the magnet or the tape - whichever you prefer.
This item contains:
- Shades of Coffee shot timer with battery fitted
- Timer dimensions: 70mm x 53mm x 8.5mm
- Small piece of double-sided tape for optional mounting