Replacement keep plate for Origin BiFold doors
After becoming frustrated that the keep plates for origin bifold doors appear to break relatively easily and frequently, and simply aren't available as an individual spare part (origin force customers to buy an entire mounting panel for £50+) we decided to have our own made from billet stainless steel (the original origin ones being cast) so that origin bifold door owners can fix their lock for a significantly lower price.
These replacement keep plates can be quickly and easily fitted into the original mounting plate, simply:
- remove the screws holding the mounting plate to the bifold door frame
- unscrew the two screws holding the broken keep plate in place
- install the new billet keep plate in its place using the original captive nuts, and hold in place with the original screws
- reattach the mounting plate to the door frame using the same screws and holes
The entire replacement process takes around 5 minutes and can be achieved with just a screwdriver.
Dimensions of the billet keep plate are:
- screw holes - 53mm centre to centre
- width of end of keep - 14mm
- length of keep - 76mm
The billet keep plates are CNC machined from 304 stainless steel and carry a 12 month warranty
Within the product gallery you can see images of our billet keep plate compared with an original cast origin one, along with dimensions, and images showing it installed and also of an original origin keep plate that has broken in the usual place.
This item contains the following:
20 x billet keep plates
Be the first to review this product.