Precision Tamper - 58.5mm with flat base
The Shades of Coffee 58.5mm tamper and distributor is a beautiful addition to any barista bench. We've had these precision manufactured to be 58.5mm diameter and therefore a perfect fitment for IMS and VST precision baskets as well as a great fit with many other standard 58mm baskets (though please note that they are probably too tight for the free baskets included with the bottomless portafilters, as these are not precision baskets and have slightly curved sides).
They're available with either beech, walnut or rosewood handles, as shown in the product images.
- Flat 58.5mm precision stainless steel tamper - with flat base
- Constructed from high quality beech/walnut/rosewood and stainless steel with discrete Shades of Coffee branding.
The tamper specification is as follows:
- 58.5mm diameter - for a great fit within most IMS / VST precision and many other standard 58mm baskets.
- Total tamper height is approx. 93mm
- Weight : 320g+ (specific weight depends on type of wooden handle)
Our new Walnut tampers are a very similar colour and finish to our walnut handles and steam knobs.
Note that as the handles are a natural wood product, all handles will differ slightly in pattern and colouration, and may even have some slight natural imperfections in the wood. Due to the way that wood grain absorbs the finishing products , some can also be slightly lighter / darker in areas and residues of finishing wax may occasionally remain. If you're looking for a tamper with a wooden handle that is guaranteed to be perfectly uniform in colour, grain and finish - then feel free to buy a Reg Barber or similar at 5x the price of these.